The staff of Explosive Capabilities have extensive practical experience in the development and design of a wide range of programmes and projects for institutions such as the European Commission, NGOs, OSCE and UN agencies. Examples include; 1) ammunition and explosive safety; 2) armed violence reduction and community safety plans; 3) counter-proliferation operational support mechanisms; 4) EOD capacity development; 5) national arms control strategies; and 6) practical disarmament and demilitarization programmes.
Effective programme and project development, based on objective evidence, is critical to effect impact and outcomes. Explosive Capabilities can advise on, or develop, programmes and projects in accordance with PRINCE 2 methodology, whilst ensuring maximum safety, transparency and stakeholder participation in the process.
Typical programme or project development support would usually include:
- Analysis of requirements
- Extensive consultation with all appropriate stakeholders
- Development of strategic parameters in line with agreed client policy
- Examination of technical options and recommendation of most effective, efficient and safe solution
- Development of programme or project documentation in the appropriate donor or company format
- Budget development and schedule of work
- Monitoring, evaluation and verification requirements
- Environmental, security and safety implications